Powered By Blogger

Saturday 23 April 2011

Easter is coming ~~ way too fast for me!

Thursday night I had a visit with my doctor about my extremely painful knee. He is going to give a nudge to the orthopedic surgeon but in the meantime he gave me a prescription for the pain.


 I thought "this is great, I have Easter dinner to prepare and instead of limping around in pain I'll be floating along smiling ---- WRONG!! I took the first pill Thursday night, then first thing Friday Morning, then 4 hours later (as directed). I felt a little faint in the morning and then became violently ill by lunch time.


 I was out for the rest of the day which is not the way the noncook wanted it to happen. So here I am today with 2 days of prep work to do in one.

 Here is one of my accomplishments ~ other people wouldn't share this, they're not nicely decorated but because I've never done anything like this before I'm proud of them.
I also made lemon ice, I will spoon the ice into Anchor Hocking Manhattan Compotes with a sprig of mint, then put the compote and 2 cookies on a salad size Manhattan plate. Walter tried a cookie and I had a spoon full of lemon ~ looks like this will work out OK. Better get back at it.

Happy Easter everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Hope you have 'adjusted' to the meds!
    Sounds good so far Corinne.....good luck and Happy Easter to you and Walter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SAID>>>HAPPY EASTER! sorry couldn't resist. All your delicious concoctions on Manhattan...will be beautiful for sure! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete